What's Up Gridbook Nation! Back at it again with another #CanYouPlayThis Challenge! Here is this week's video to test your chops! It's Time To Get Better!
- Make sure the 16th note check is consistent regardless of buzz embellishment placement.
- Use this as an opportunity to experiment with buzz press interpretation. (Short vs Long Sustain)
- When playing at faster speeds, don't dig the buzz press into the head, rather press and rebound quickly after the buzz. If you dig in it will slow down the hand motions making it harder to play in time.
- Once you find the buzz interpretation you like, make buzz presses exactly the same as you shift them around the accent. (NOTE: Accented buzz presses will take more energy.)
- Put 16th note subdivisions on the metronome to help stay in time. - Start slow and work tempo thresholds over time.
- Have fun!!
PRACTICE. POST. TAG.
Tag us in your progress videos! Use #CanYouPlayThis and #GridbookPercussion for a feature!
PURCHASE THIS BOOK:
William Abraamyan | @wabraamyan2.0
Mark Perrett | @markperrett
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: