Gridbook Etude "A New Danger" by Adam Hopper
A New Danger” by Adam Hopper is the first Gridbook Etude for mallet percussion. This music moves you through different metric modulations and melodies that provide feelings of caution, discovery, hope, and excitement.
DOWNLOAD THE MUSIC (FREE)
- Play this at a slow tempo first, and make sure you are comfortable with the notes and hand motions. Then bump the tempo up slowly over time.
- Use the grip you are most comfortable with.
- Play all dynamics and inflections with care.
- Perform quad stops on all 3 over 4 passages.
- Allow the lead melody to speak over the inner beats in the 16th note passage.
- Have fun!
MORE FROM ADAM HOPPER:
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: