"Bounce" by Mark Perrett is one of our first etudes from the early days of Instagram and YouTube. This iconic culture piece is fun to play and grooves to just about any song you play it to! This etude is an excerpt from our book GB ETUDES VOL. 1 and is one of our favorites in the entire GB Etudes Collection.
- Relax in your shots and make sure the shot quality is the same hand to hand.
- Focus on diddle interpretation and maintain consistency.
- Make sure the long roll in measure 5 is the same rhythmic value as the paradiddle section in measure 6.
- Don’t slow down in the triplet roll in measure 7.
- Play the buzz press in measure 8 quickly (don’t dig in) so you can move into the “slurred diddles” in time. Have fun and groove with it!
DOWNLOAD THE SHEETS (FREE):
DOWNLOAD THE BACKING TRACK:
AUTHOR: Mark Perrett
INSTRUMENT: Snare Drum
8 REPS OF EACH TEMPO
WHAT IS DRUMLINE SIMULATOR?
Drumline Simulator is an interactive play-along video platform designed to help you practice Grid Book Exercises, Etudes, Warm ups, and more. This video takes you through reps at different tempos using rhythmically accurate audio tracks and large, detailed sheet music.
DO NOT ATTEMPT to run the simulator until you are ready to play the music at the first tempo.
Once you have the music in your hands, you can begin your reps and build muscle memory. The goal is to play from top to bottom without error. Once you have completed the individual practice reps, we take into "Performance Mode" Use this as a tool to get better and be honest with yourself and your progress.
PRACTICE. POST. TAG.
Tag us in your progress videos using hashtag #GridBookPercussion for a feature!
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: