"In The Lot" by Mark Perrett is a drumline ensemble etude with Snare, Tenor, and Bass parts. Here is the Snare Part! Enjoy playing along!
ETUDE: "In The Lot"
AUTHOR: Mark Perrett
INSTRUMENT: Snare Drum
8 REPS OF EACH TEMPO
- Play all heights, dynamics, and zones as written.
- Record yourself, play in a mirror, and pause to take notes as you find personal tendencies and inconsistencies.
- PLAY ALL RHYTHMS IN TIME! The difficulty of this piece comes from the metric modulations. If one part gets off beat you could lose time very easily.
- MARK TIME! If you plan to perform in the marching arts, you must be able to put your feet to everything you do.
- Take this at your own pace! There are a lot of details and everyone is at a different performance level. Pause and isolate parts as needed.
WHAT IS DRUMLINE SIMULATOR?
Drumline Simulator is an interactive play-along video platform designed to help you practice Grid Book Exercises, Etudes, Warm ups, and more. This video takes you through reps at different tempos using rhythmically accurate audio tracks and large, detailed sheet music.
DO NOT ATTEMPT to run the simulator until you are ready to play the music at the first tempo.
Once you have the music in your hands, you can begin your reps and build muscle memory. The goal is to play from top to bottom without error. Once you have completed the individual practice reps, we take into "Performance Mode" Use this as a tool to get better and be honest with yourself and your progress.
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: