"In The Lot" by Mark Perrett is a drumline ensemble etude with Snare, Tenor, and Bass parts. Here is the Tenor Part! Enjoy playing along!
ETUDE: "In The Lot"
AUTHOR: Mark Perrett
INSTRUMENT: Tenor Drum
8 REPS OF EACH TEMPO
- Relax in the singles, especially coming out of double strokes. There are a lot of extended phrases and if you tense up you won't make it around the drums at this tempo.
- Play all heights and dynamics as written. Success will be found in the execution of inflection.
- Record yourself, play in a mirror, and take notes.
- PLAY ALL RHYTHMS IN TIME! The difficulty of this piece comes from the metric modulations. If one part gets off you could lose time very easily. Use a metronome to help you.
- Keep the under hand low in crossovers.
WHAT IS DRUMLINE SIMULATOR?
Drumline Simulator is an interactive play-along video platform designed to help you practice Grid Book Exercises, Etudes, Warm ups, and more. This video takes you through reps at different tempos using rhythmically accurate audio tracks and large, detailed sheet music.
DO NOT ATTEMPT to run the simulator until you are ready to play the music at the first tempo.
Once you have the music in your hands, you can begin your reps and build muscle memory. The goal is to play from top to bottom without error. Once you have completed the individual practice reps, we take into "Performance Mode" Use this as a tool to get better and be honest with yourself and your progress.
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: