“ROOT” by Matt Albano and Christian Martin is a Grid Book Etude for mallet percussion. This music was created as a collaboration and with each new person that learns this piece, a new root grows and makes the community stronger.
DOWNLOAD THE SHEETS:
PRACTICE TIPS:- This etude utilizes the four “4 Mallet Stroke Types”. (Single Independent, Single Alternating, Double Vertical, Double Lateral)
- Play this at a slow tempo first, strive for rhythmic accuracy
- Then work your way up to the written tempo range before adding a rubato feel.
- Maintaining strong intervals is the key to note accuracy, so make sure you do your interval changes during the rebound.
- Use a mixture of mallet heights and velocity to maximize your range of expression.
- Have fun, and when you feel comfortable, expand this concept to create your own version to keep the roots growing!
BEHIND THE MUSIC:
Want To Get Better?
We have a large variety of percussion education books to help you #GetBetter and reach your goals. Browse our percussion education library below: