Grid Book Nation! We are excited to present GB Etude "Pinot Grigio" by John Schex! Lots of details in this one! Time to grind, Enjoy!
GB Street Team Member: John Schex
- Take this at a slow tempo first and really focus on rhythmic accuracy and dynamic contrast.
- Take this measure by measure and break down rudiments and stickings.
- Pay close attention to all heights and dynamics.
- Be aware of zone changes.
- Make sure you break down measure 4 and examine the rhythmic difference between the 9let and 5let. (The tendency is to slur those together.)
- If you run into a difficult passage, try taking out all embellishments to solidify the check.
DOWNLOAD THE SHEETS (FREE)
GB ETUDES VOL. 1
Want more? GB Etudes Vol. 1 is full of fun and challenging music to help you reach the next level of your performance. With practice tips, progress trackers, and world class demands, this is a great book for intermediate to advanced rudimental performers.