JOHN LLUVERA 4 LESSON DEAL
This Lesson Package includes 4 Lessons with John Lluvera for a discounted rate. Normal lesson pricing is 55min lessons for $50 each, but this deal gets you 55min lessons for $40 each and waives the Registration Fee when signing up. Purchase this deal and get a full month of lessons in January with John Lluvera for only $160.
HOW IT WORKS
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
BENEFITS OF TAKING LESSONS
POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
REGULAR PRICING:$50/lesson x 4 = $200
+ $20 Registration Fee
SALE PRICING:$40/lesson x 4 = $160
1. PURCHASING THE LESSON PACKAGE:Purchase this 4 Lesson Deal by selecting the following above:
Lesson Day: What day of the week would you like to take lessons?
Lesson Time: What time of day would you like lessons?
Once these are selected, Add To Cart.
At checkout, in the “Special Instructions” box, please let us know the following information:
Then select “Checkout” and purchase the lesson package.
This will notify our Lessons Coordinator and you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours including your lesson materials (A free copy of Drumline Fundamentals Digital Download) and a welcome message providing you information about your first lesson.
2. BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSONAfter you receive your orientation email you will need to set up your lesson space. Here are some guidelines for an efficient online lesson space:
We use two stations during lessons:
STATION 1: A place for talking up close.
STATION 2: A place for playing and demonstrating skills.
Use the diagram below for reference:
3. YOUR FIRST LESSONBefore your lesson you will receive an email with your Lesson Live Link to connect with your instructor. Make sure you have a strong wifi connection and when it is time for your lesson click on the link to enter the lesson room.
You will see your instructor and the lesson will begin!
John Lluvera is a world-class percussion educator who teaches his students just as much about life as he does how to master their instrument. He loves to create a sense personal growth with every session. As John's student, you'll start to reach heights you never thought possible and feel prepared to take on any challenge. If you want highly detailed feedback with an educator who has a history of teaching successful musicians, join his roster and start getting better.
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD TAKE LESSONS
1. CUSTOM INSTRUCTION. Private Lessons are customized to address your personal needs as a student. In a group setting there is usually not enough time to give as much individual instruction as needed, but private instruction is time dedicated to the student personally. This provides focused communication for the student and lets them know everything they need to be working on to get better individually.
2. LEARN HOW TO PRACTICE. Becoming a master of your craft requires many hours of practicing on your own. Most students spend these hours practicing incorrectly or on material that is not helping them fundamentally. With private lessons, the student is taught how to practice to achieve the best results.
3. FASTER PROGRESS. There are many different processes that makes things easier to learn, understand, and retain information and it is the instructors job to use the process that best fits the students learning curve. In the end, students who take private lessons are more likely to learn at a faster rate.
4. LEARN TIME MANAGEMENT. Scheduling practice time requires you to have a schedule first. In private lessons the instructor helps the student with understanding the importance of time management so their practice schedule does not interfere with their other studies or lifestyle.
5. PERSONAL MENTOR. Private instructors often become great role models for anyone they teach and understand that it is most important to be a great person first. All of the instruction helps define their playing ability, but also helps encourage positivity in life. Plus it is always nice to have a friend who is successful in your area of study.
John Lluvera is an educator, performer, and clinician in the percussion community. John has performed with multiple ensembles covering a wide range of musical genres from show band/HBCU style and DCI style drumlines to orchestral percussion, wind ensemble, and musicals.
John has achieved numerous distinguished awards over the years and has been taught by some of the most prolific instructors in the world. His performance experience expands across multiple positions including Marching Snare Drum, Tenor Drum, Bass Drum, Marching Cymbals, Front Ensemble, Auxiliary Percussion, Orchestral Studio Percussion and more.
Currently John Lluvera resides in Clearwater, FL and is a member of the percussion staff with the Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps (Canton, OH) and INFINITY Percussion PIW (Orlando, FL). John is also an education artist with Pearl Drums.
WHO I'VE STUDIED WITH
Private Instruction 2008-Present
Ruth Eckerd Hall Center for the Performing Arts | 2009-2016
Private / Group Youth Percussion Lessons (2009)
Director of Percussion (2015-2016)
Middle School Instruction - Florida | 2010-2017
Seven Springs MS
High School Instruction - Florida | 2004-2018
Northeast HS (2004-2008)
Boca Ciega HS (2006-2012)
Seminole HS (2006)
Eastlake HS (2006-2007)
Northside Christian HS (2007)
Osceola HS (2007-2008)
J. W. Mitchell HS (2008-2018)
Southeast HS (2009)
Lakewood Ranch HS (2010-2016)
Land O Lakes HS (2011)
Clearwater HS (2012-2013)
Tarpon Springs HS (2013-2014)
High School Consultant - Florida | 2007-Present
Cypress Creek HS (2007-2009)
Winter Park HS (2010-2013)
University HS (2015-Present)
J. W. Mitchell HS (2018-Present)
Indoor Percussion - Scholastic | 2007-2018
Eastlake HS (2007-2008)
Land O’ Lakes HS (2011)
Tarpon Springs HS (2013)
J. W. Mitchell HS (2018)
Indoor Percussion - Independent | 2011-Present
Manatee County Independent (2011-2012)
Infinity Percussion (2014-Present)
Drum & Bugle Corps 2006-Present
Teal Sound (2006)
Madison Scouts (2014-2016)
Drum & Bugle Corps Consultant 2008, 2010)
Beijing Cuiwei Primary School - Wuhan, China | 2008
Lead an ensemble from Pinellas County, Florida to play at The Great Wall.
FBA Solo & Ensemble | 2002-2005
Superior rated soloist
Member of multiple superior rated percussion ensembles
Magic of Orlando Drum & Bugle Corps | 2003
Member of the cymbal line and front ensemble.
USF Indoor Percussion Theater | 2004
Member of the snare drum line
Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps | 2005
Member of the bass drum line
University of South Florida | 2005-2006
USF School of Music Percussion Ensemble
USF Heard of Thunder Marching Band
Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps | 2007
Center snare and section leader
Saint Petersburg College | 2008-2010
Saint Petersburg College Wind Ensemble
Saint Petersburg College Percussion Ensemble
PAS Florida Day of Percussion | 2009
One Hundred Piece Marimba Band
McCormick’s Magic Marimba Festival | 2010
St. Petersburg College Percussion Ensemble
Saint Petersburg Opera Company | 2008-2010
The Merry Widow (2008) - Percussionist
La Traviata (2009) - Principle Percussionist
Carmen (2010) - Principle Percussionist
Daron Hawkins Theater Productions | 2012
9 to 5 - Drummer/Percussionist
Plant City Community Choir Orchestra | 2012
Christmas by Candlelight - Drummer/Percussionist
Perkins Elementary School Musicals | 2014-Present
Oh My Darlin' (2017)
General Music Studies
Frank T. Williams III
Marching Percussion Studies
Orchestral Percussion Studies
Dr. John Bannon
Frank T. Williams III
John Lluvera is one of those instructors who makes a compelling impact on the person you become years later. His words, demeanor, and presence sticks with you and the decisions you make everyday in your adulthood. For me, John has become not only a lifelong friend, but the person I often turn to in tough times, for advice and direction. Because not only is he one of the best teachers I’ve ever had, but he’s also one of the best people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing.
INFINITY 2 | WGI
Vanguard Cadets | DCI
FSU Percussion Studio
INFINITY | WGI
Boston Crusaders | DCI
Theme Park Musician | WDW, Universal, & SeaWorld
John was my first mentor, and his leadership style is one that I continue to emulate today. By focusing on the fundamentals, John builds universal skills that are widely applicable to your goals as a percussionist, musician, and beyond. He encourages independence; giving you the resources and support you need, while empowering you to take ownership for your own growth. His ability to inspire exciting visions helps motivate students to create long-term habits in a world of short-term fixes. He taught me how to embrace the adversity, enjoy the journey, and value hard work as the prerequisite to growth.
Most importantly, John cares about you beyond the music your hands can produce. After 3 DCI tours, John encouraged me to pursue my career aspirations beyond the world of the marching arts. Now, as an environmental restoration Crew Leader at EarthCorps in Seattle, I still find myself applying lessons that I learned under the stadium lights with John several summers ago. John helped me accomplish goals I never thought were achievable, taught me how to be an effective leader, and gave me the tools I needed to succeed both on and off the field.
Redline | WGI
Madison Scouts | DCI
Watch Johns Students Perform
2015 MADISON SCOUTS
2014 MADISON SCOUTS
2014 TARPON SPRINGS
READY TO LEVEL UP?
COME TO A GRIDBOOK ONLINE MASTERCLASS!
If you play Marching Snare, Tenor, or Bass Drum this is for you! Go to our "MASTER CLASSES" tab to learn more!
It's Time To Get Better.