WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR COLLEGE PERCUSSION STUDIO RESUME
Writing a college percussion studio resume can be daunting, especially if you have to write a separate resume to apply to the university.
At this point you might have a lot of questions. What's the difference between the my Percussion Studio Resume and my Resume For Admissions? What are percussion directors looking for in a resume? Does the resume even matter? Don't worry, we're here to help! Use the list below as a guide for what to include in your resume.
INFORMATION TO INCLUDE:
- Who are you?
- Headshot (As pro as possible)
- What instruments do you play?
- What notable pieces have you played?
- What method books have you worked out of?
- What ensembles have your performed in?
- What educators have you been taught by?
- What leadership positions have you held?
- What ensembles have you volunteered with or taught?
Other things to consider adding are:
- What are your goals? (dream job)
- What are your favorite types of music?
- What are you looking forward to as a student of the studio?
You might not be able to fill out everything listed above, but that's ok. Your resume is simply a snapshot of your experience as a musician and introduces you to the faculty on your behalf. This is obviously not the "make or break" moment for you, but it does act as a first impression. (And we all know that first impressions are very important.) So don’t oversell or under represent yourself. The best resumes are the ones that accurately represent whom they are about.
Now that you know WHAT to put on your resume, it's time to format it onto something presentable. If you want a super clean and easy resume design most word processing programs have built in resume templates. But if you want something more detailed or designed, you can use CANVA. This service has some really dope graphic designs, if you're into that type of thing.
Overall, the most important part about your resume is that it clearly defines who you are and what value you're bringing to the table.
This content is for members only. Enroll to gain access and start getting better. Use the link below to learn more and if you have any questions contact us anytime.